Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Keys for your Gerstner Chest

We can probably help Gerstner keep the free shipping by combining our orders to minimize their processing. For instance, if I order four knobs today, and then two latches tomorrow, and then rivets the next day, they have to create three invoices, three internal pull tickets (which means someone has to physically stop and go find the parts), package three times, and most importantly pay postage three times. Each shipment would probably have a minimum charge as much as what it costs to ship all items at once.
    Ken Lewellyn

OK, I try to all all what I need and order at once.

Yes, the free shipping is going to stay on the hardware page for this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    Yes, the free shipping is going to stay on the hardware page for this year.
    Cool, very nice, I like it. As soon as I get my computer usb working, I will join the owners group.

Quote Originally Posted by mrbreezeet1 View Post
    OK, I try to all all what I need and order at once.
    Oh, you can only edit for so long.
    What kind of drugs was I on when I wrote that?...............LOL
    So i guess you got my drift, but I meant to say something like,
    OK, i will try to order all that I think I will need at one time.

mrbreezeet1,

I usually take the memory cards out of my camera and use a card reader to input the photos to my computer. Mine take SD cards. That way, it doesn't use the camera's battery and seems much quicker.

I might have to do that.
    We had, no actually it was mine, still under warranty T/G but where you push the card in, and push, or, poosh as WV says................lol...............
    It broke, and would not click in to hold the card any longer.
    I have a card reader (if I can find it) but steered away from using it, as I wanted to save wear and tear on the locking device.
    Maybe worrying for nothing.
    I will look for it tonight.
    thank You.

BTY I won't mention the group, maybe some here even followed the threads, But I was booted off it by the mod for arguing with this one guy who IMO provoked it.
    It used to be a nice group, but a lot of new bees have come in, and started mouthing off and acting smart to guys that have been around for a while.
    Guys would write in, having trouble with there brakes, I used to be a mechanic for many many years, and I would write and help them, and it was just a nice group.
    There was never any wise A$$ replies.
    I guess l could have, would have, should have, been the bigger man and let it go,
    but this guy was insulting me for just stating my opinion.
    So we went a few rounds, but I was the one that got booted.
    Just as well, I had been thinking about telling them to close my account anyhow.
    You know what they always say, It Takes Two. And it is true.
    Anyways, just venting a little too, but my point is that It is nice here, as I never had that problem here. Everyone here has always been a gentleman.
    I thank you all for that.
    Hope you don't mind the OT. Scott, please delete if so.
    Last edited by mrbreezeet1; 02-27-2014 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling/typo's

Breeze,

I've had somewhat the same experience on similar boards. Guys ask questions, you give the best answer you know, and then they argue with your answer! My brother calls them "askholes".

That hasn't happened here.

Same here. At some groups there's people who are surely " backyard butchers " but profess to be the world's leading experts. Like the old saying, " don't get involved in a battle of wits with people who are unarmed"
    Dave

yeah, for real. I should have let it go, but we had been through this on more than one post.
    I simply stated that I would not pay $200.00 for 4 hammers, I do fine with my few dollar flea market ones.
    I have actually found some nice hammers for 50 cents, a dollar or Two dollars.
    Lead hammers with leather inserts, steel with plastic inserts, Lead hammer with No inserts, I made my own.
    Nice brass hammer head (only) about 2 1/4" across, and about 3 1/4" tall.
    The hole for the handle is threaded, and I was thinking of "trying" to thread a wood hammer handle on the metal lathe.
    Don't know if it would work?
    The guy told me I just didn't get it, and Maybe I should use a Rock. And this and that, and it went from there.
    But I don't know, they almost convinced me to try one, before I got booted.
    Oh, they were talking about Dead Blow Ball peen's.

I also appreciate the class and professionalism displayed by members here. Life is too short to spent energy arguing with some internet troll....
    Ken Lewellyn

Scott I have a pair of Union (Craftsman) chests with E series locks, One is 392 E-28 and the other is 392-E-33. Do you have any of those?
    Dan MacPherson