Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there any interest in seeing old Gerstner Chest and Case Styles?

Is there any interest in seeing old Gerstner Chest and Case Styles?

I am thinking about creating a series of threads that will show pictures and dimensions of old Gerstner Chest and Case Styles.

This is not a small task to undertake due to the number of products we have made in the past.

I would like to have 10 different members of the forum respond to this thread if they are interested in seeing me start to document the old chest styles.

Once we hit 10 different members that have responded, i will start scanning and documenting the older chest styles and adding them to this section of the Forum.

Yes. Even just having pics and style #s would be great! Depending on how much work it would be, it would be nice to know what features to look for in comparing chests.
    Ken Lewellyn

I would be very interested in any documentation of the various models that have been available over the years.
    Last edited by Alaric; 10-26-2013 at 11:09 AM.
    Richard Chase

I agree! There is so much history and different models, I would love to see a "guide" with pictures.

Thanks Scott!

-Josh

Yes, that'd be great. I bought my first old Gerstner box in August and have been looking for documentation. I'm interested in purchasing more vintage boxes but would like to know what I'm looking at before purchasing.

Thanks for for being willing to take on such a project.

Hi everyone, newbie here, and proud recent owner of a vintage Gerstner 042. I think that a thread with info/measurements of old models would be really great !. Thank you very much for thinking of this projectScott!

What a great idea. To see how the chests and cases have evolved over the years. I hope you
    can include some of the early Roller Chests also.
    I am interested to hopefully see my Chest model so I can see how it was made.
    Awesome concept! please do!
    Thanks

I would most certainly love to see these beauties posted here! Thanks for doing this!

I think it would be of help, especially for those of us who like to seek and purchase older Gestner products to restore for our needs. May allow us to determine if it may be a "Gestner" product and tell us which size chest we may have.

Ken
    Ken Stokley

That's a great idea! I would be very interested in seeing the different styles and of chests you guys have made. Would be a great resource for restorers and hobbyists like me.

I would love to see this. I have one that belonged to my late father-in-law and would like to find out just how old it is. It has all of his tools and log books still in it. I'm sure it would be a great addition for someone who collects them.

K Wissinger

Yes, I would like to see that.

I would be very interested to see that. I have a pretty old 7-drawer flip top that I would love to know more about.

Thanks to everyone who has responded. I will start working on putting up the old Gerstner Chest and Case Styles.

I am going to start by scanning in old catalog pages, so the images might be small to start, but i plan to come back and add more pictures as i have time.

I too think its a great idea!

Go for it! Dave