Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Who Are You?

I have missed a couple of Neslein chests on EBay. They looked nice but I didn’t know anything about them. Thank you Terry.

Hi, My name is Bob. I am a semi-retired professional photographer who worked in the entertainment industry for over 40 years. Being completely honest I had never heard or seen or heard of Gerstner box until about a month a go. One of my hobbies(obsessions) is collecting knives, Japanese Kitchen knives, folders and some fixed blades, I had someone make me a custom birds-eye maple knife block for my kitchen knives years ago but have been frustrated for years on how to store my folders and fixed blades. Well a month or so ago while on the Koenig knife group page someone there with a very nice collection showed them in Gerstner chest, it look ed so good and beautifully made, I was sure I had found my solution. Now all I had to do was find one, at first I was just going to order a new one but as I looked around, a I found a beautifully restored Oak 42 from the 50s, I bought it and I am anxiously waiting for it to arrive today. Then while checking out stuff on Ebay I stumbled over an Oak B-20 base in pretty good condition, so I picked that one up too. now I just need to stop before I pick up another one to store parts to my camera collection.

Don't stop now, keep going!

Welcome to the obsession, Bob. Many of us started the exact same way.

Hey Bob, there’s a saying for what you did – You bought A COLLECTABLE CHEST FOR YOUR COLLABLES. Many people do. Welcome aboard……Ted

Thanks for the welcome both showed up and I am thrilled, may have found the next one but I am not sure if it is the size I need. Here are my first two
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those look great, Landshark!

These chests make admirable collection boxes for a fellow’s knives, pocket watches, a favorite pistol or two, etc. Just the ticket for properly housing the cherished essentials. I’ve explained to my wife that mine is for my ”guy stuff.”

I just added one more a very nice O31A from the 40s
    Gertstner O31A.jpg