Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How about a Roller Bench Kit

That's really nice! Can you give us a description? From the photos, it looks like plain sawn oak drawer fronts and frame rails with oak veneer plywood panels.(?) Tell us more, please.
    Dave

Thanks Dave.
    out of respect and honor to Gerstner & Sons, this may not be the place to elaborate on my project. As I just completed it I will come up with a short description of it and its components and email it to you or post it elsewhere on the web. Thx.

I think it would be OK to post it here. There was quite a string of post about another home made project. See "custom Gerstner style base".
    Dave

Looks excellent. Would you mind sending me your sketches files for it? Thanks

ward.matthew@me.com
    Matthew Ward | Milw. WI

Self built rolling chest and work surface

Bob,
    You are 100% Correct - 2X4 Red Oak S4S for all rails, 1X6 Red Oak S4S for Drawer Fronts.
    Drawers are 1X4 Poplar Kd S4S, 23/32 Oak Shop for side and back panels, and for top and bottom I used 1 1/8 CDX flooring plywood. Handle is overkill of 1 1/2 Chrome Steel Rod with Standoffs fabbed by myself.

MTWard - I attached a couple images of a couple of the pieces.

This whole project was a idea to build a multi drawer rolling tool chest out of oak and using routed and dadoed sections so that all the pieces would fit into each other and then glued and screwed. There are much more exotic and effective methods of joinery but I wasn't inclined to go that direction. The tool chest is fully loaded now and is doing fine. Rolls around nicely when needed.

I did also add a sheet of 3/16 hot rolled steel to the top for working on harley engines....dual purposing the roller. Its a perfect height for standing and working on things.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I meant to address previous post to DinosaurDave, and MtWard.

I mentioned in another post that we just sent a kit roller bench to a customer, that said they didn't need instructions. I found out from production today that they actually held back 2 sets of parts for the kit roller bench.

If anyone is interested in a kit roller bench - oak - send me a private message. Otherwise, I will put the parts back into production to be completed as a finished unit.