Picked up an old wooden machinist chest at an estate sale late last year/ early this winter. Pushed a couple other projects aside and cleaned this one up a bit,very quick and crude. I suspected either crud or a real old flat black paint job so a quick scrub of a drawer front revealed an underlying red stained wood finish. I had suspected that after taking a knob and escutcheon off there was a glimmer of red,but my old eyes weren't sure. scrubbed the faces with lacquer thinner and a rags and they cleaned up OK,rubbed a quick Minwax Tung Oil finish on them and polished the knobs in a jig on the lathe. I'm missing one escutcheon and I have to make a different jig to polish those. As I was wiping the last drawer I was able to find the Pilliod labeling and saved me from deep research to now know it is a Style No.25 in what I assume to be mahogany. It will need new felt, and more cleanup but I think I will not strip and refinish to save what is left of the logo. Full gallery here:https://postimg.cc/gallery/p868J1H
037.jpg027.jpg039.jpg