Thread: Looking for a key A50M45

Looking for a key A50M45

Good afternoon everyone. A few years back I picked up a beautiful wooden tool chest from a fella selling it locally.
    i just admired the look of it and it seemed to be very well made. It wasnít until I got home that I started to find out the long heritage and true craftmanship behind this chest.
    it is a Gerstner O41C model in a what I feel is fantastic condition... some slight aging and rust on the outside hardware but thatís it.
    From my research they stopped making this model in 1959... perhaps one of you may confirm or correct me on this.
    One downside is that it did not come with a key.
    Can someone advise me the best way to obtain one... possibly someone has one for sale?

Check with Scott Campbell t H. Gerstner & Sons -

https://gerstnerusa.com/replacement-...eplacement-key

His email is scott@gerstnerusa.com

Or, you can take it to a skilled locksmith.

There is also a fellow member on this forum that has a number of masters and makes excellent copies. I will forward your post to him.

Thanks for the reply Terry. This Gerstner Chest is absolutely beautiful imo. I have no history behind this particular item but i’d love to know how it ended up in Canada. I don’t know if Gerstner ever sold their chests in Canada.... I’m guessing this was bought in the U.S. and brought up here.