Thread: New member - first purchases

New member - first purchases

gerstner 2c.jpgJust purchased my first (and second) chests. One is a fully restored O41C and the other an O51 in good condition. I am a violinmaker and recently started to work in a second shop and I needed a way to transport tools and store them while at the new shop. The big one will be used at my own shop for storage and the O41C to transport back and forth. Both ebay purchases. In my own shop I focus mostly on making new violins, where the second one is set up and repair work gerstner box 1.jpggerstner box 1a.jpggerstner box 2.jpggerstner box 2b.jpg

Welcome to the forum and to the obsession! Looks like you are pretty well on your way and I am happy to see that these beauties will be used as toolboxes.

I have never run into an O51 and that model number does not show up in the research literature. It looks like an O52 to me... Eleven drawers. 26" wide, etc.

https://www.gerstnerforum.com/showthread.php?1174-11-Drawer-Products

https://sites.google.com/site/theguideforwoodmachinistchests/pg-10---gerstner-info/pg-11---pix-age-chart

O52 chart.jpg

Yes the 52, sorry wrote it wrong . Beautiful boxes for sure. Don't think I will become a "collector" though, violins are more my thing, but I do like having these beauties holding my tools for sure. and when clients come in, they might be conversations pieces

O52 chart.jpg
    [/QUOTE]

Terry, Just saw your website, some nice work on those cases. Maybe down the road will be in the market again for more storage

Nice took chests and, like Terry, I am really glad to hear you are going to use them for tools.
    JohnCote
    Hoosier Pocket Watch Collector
    Collector/Lover/User of Gerstner Cabs to Store Watches and Parts