Thread: Brown Plastic/Bakelite Pulls Mahogany O52

Brown Plastic/Bakelite Pulls Mahogany O52

​It's been a while, and I'm happy to be back. The bug has bitten me once again, and as a result I'm finishing a "sprucing up" kind of refurb on a CL find. She's a real nice mahogany 052 in great shape. Some new felt, and a go over with Howard's finish restorer and Feed & Wax. Pretty easy project since this one was well cared for. Just have the till and the lid edge strips left to do. I'm going crazy looking for a few of the brown bakelite/plastic pulls. I'm missing four of them to complete my project. Looked on the Gerstner replacement hardware pages and I see the black ones but no brown. The bottom two drawers have mismatched pulls. I've searched Ebay every way I can think of to find 4 of these hen's teeth. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Thanks!

Here's the right direction. These are New Old Stock, not repros.

https://gerstnerusa.com/replacement-hardware/part-1067-tan-bakelite-drawer-knob

Originals are hard to find unless you buy a junk chest for parts that has these bakelite knobs.

Good luck,

Terry

Thanks Terry, you're a great resource! I saw these on the hardware page, and I was thinking of getting them and possibly painting/staining them to match, or turning some from wood and doing the same.

I think they will match just the way they come from Gerstner. They call them tan, but they are really brown.

Thanks again for the help Terry........Just ordered them.

Just received the 4 bakelite pulls from Gerstner. Unfortunately they are tan as pictured, and much lighter than the darker originals on my mahogany 042 and 052 chests. Same style, size etc. but the color is not close at all. If anyone has had luck with a spray paint to come close I'd love to try something.

Update on the brown plastic knobs that came on my mahogany 052. The guy I got the chest from had one of the missing ones, mailed it to me. Very nice guy. Still in search of three more. Emily at Gerstner was very helpful with my return of the tan ones. If anyone has a few I would be grateful to hear from you.