Thread: Brown Plastic/Bakelite Pulls Mahogany O52

Brown Plastic/Bakelite Pulls Mahogany O52

​It's been a while, and I'm happy to be back. The bug has bitten me once again, and as a result I'm finishing a "sprucing up" kind of refurb on a CL find. She's a real nice mahogany 052 in great shape. Some new felt, and a go over with Howard's finish restorer and Feed & Wax. Pretty easy project since this one was well cared for. Just have the till and the lid edge strips left to do. I'm going crazy looking for a few of the brown bakelite/plastic pulls. I'm missing four of them to complete my project. Looked on the Gerstner replacement hardware pages and I see the black ones but no brown. The bottom two drawers have mismatched pulls. I've searched Ebay every way I can think of to find 4 of these hen's teeth. Can anyone point me in the right direction?? Thanks!

Here's the right direction. These are New Old Stock, not repros.

https://gerstnerusa.com/replacement-hardware/part-1067-tan-bakelite-drawer-knob

Originals are hard to find unless you buy a junk chest for parts that has these bakelite knobs.

Good luck,

Terry

Thanks Terry, you're a great resource! I saw these on the hardware page, and I was thinking of getting them and possibly painting/staining them to match, or turning some from wood and doing the same.

I think they will match just the way they come from Gerstner. They call them tan, but they are really brown.

Thanks again for the help Terry........Just ordered them.