Results 1 to 1 of 1

Thread: Two and three piece drawewr knobs

  1. #1

    Two and three piece drawewr knobs

    Have you seen drawer knobs that are riveted on instead of screwed in. I have run across both two piece and three piece knobs of this type,

    They consist of a large headed split rivet which passes though an eyelet, then either butts up against a backing plate or goes straight through the wooden drawer front and is peened over on the back side of the drawer front.

    The unknown "SP" chest I am working on at the present time uses the three piece knobs and I was missing one!



    I have seen them on STAR, SIPCO and George Scherr chests, also.

    I have sent an inquiry to my manufacturing contact to see how feasible (and expensive) it would be to reproduce them.

    Transformed_Split Rivets for 3 piece knobs.jpg
    Last edited by user459; 11-19-2018 at 12:00 PM.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts