Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Domed Split rivets

Thanks, just doing my job. Oh, wait a minute, I don't have a job! Just doing what I like to do.... (I have six Saturdays and one Sunday each week) That's the price for being an old fart!

Funny, but when I want my dogs to go out and play I yell out "Squirrel!" When I hear "Gerstner!, I run out!

Do you pee on the tree, too?

Terry,tried to message you@ rivets but your box is full......would like to purchase a bulk amount. thanks!

The rivets are on their way! I cleared room in my mailbox.

Thanks for tackling the rivet project Terry. I haven't been able to bring myself to attach the handle you restored so nicely for me with the wrong rivets. I've made you an offer for a pack on Ebay. I have a feeling the world will seem just a little more "normal" once this project is complete.

Terry's tool boxes Card.jpg

I agree. I am a stickler for originality and was stunned to find that the correct rivets were not available. Every time I used the flat, truss-style rivets, I cringed. Not that they aren't correct on some boxes; but not all. It took considerable time and expense to get them made, but I feel it is worth it. I hope others do, too.

Post pictures of your project when you get a chance. We'd love to see it...

Yours are on the way.
    Last edited by user459; 12-23-2018 at 09:47 AM.

Interested in the split rivets.also I believe on eBay jeichelberger@gmail.com for info I am acquiring know how as I work on 2 gerstners and a (I believe) sipco with 403 written on back of front panel has metal drawer rails and excelsior hardware on front. Appreciate your knowledge on these chests. Thanks john

Welcome aboard John. If you live in Holland, good luck with understanding our lingo. This is a great forum for help, knowledgeable members.
    Check out this site for identifying and dating pre-1960 USA chests - https://sites.google.com/site/theguideforwoodmachinistchests/
    Let us know when we can help more…..Ted

Terry's tool boxes Card.jpgDutcheich,

I sent you a private message. I don't have any rivets on Ebay right now, but still have them available.

https://gerstnertoolchest.shutterfly.com/hardware/63

Are any of these rivets still obtainable? I was lucky enough to score some but I'm in need of more for another box that I'm restoring. Thanks!

Ryan,

Yes, more are available. I'll include extras over and above what you will need for the handles you send me to re-cover and refurbish. I am very generous in my counts.