Thread: Example of a 'Special Order' for #O41's

Example of a 'Special Order' for #O41's

I believe that I have an example of a Gerstner ‘Special Order’ that Scott has mentioned before.
    The 1st all oak Style #41 chest shown in a Gerstner Brochure is in No. 27, published in 1927. It is shown with a clasp lid lock and must have had the rounded panel finger pull. #O41’s are not shown in their 1926 Hardware Poster.
    However, Chandler & Farquhar Co. must have made a ‘Special Order’. They published their catalog, copyrighted 1924, which states in the Style #41 write-up - ‘Also made in quartered oak finish, not covered, at the same price. When ordering this, designate O41, O41A, O41B or O41C.’ The pic, or cut, shows the rectangular lid lock. Its sales must have gone just fine.
    I own an all OAK O41. It has the rectangular lid lock and the diamond finger pull on the relieved face panel. Its period date is 1924 –1925. Perhaps it was purchased through Chandler & Farquhar. Unfortunately it is missing all corner protectors, lid latches, the mirror & frame, the handle & brackets and the oval decal. Oh well, it still presents a good excellent example of a ‘Special Order’.

I tried to upload a pic of my O41 and a pic of the catalog page but it didn't work. Sorry.

Have a good one……Ted

Ted,

I've found that, all of a sudden, there now seems to be a size limit on the pictures we upload. I don't know if Scott is aware of it, but many of us have had similar problems. I resized the pictures through some imaging software I have, and they uploaded in the smaller file size.

If you want, send me the pictures and I'll resize them and send them back to you.

Terry

Thanks Terry. I resized them so we'll see what happens.1924 - 25 Gers O41.JPG1924 Chandler & Farquhar Co..jpg

Nice Box. I have everything to finish it.....

Beautiful. What a great find and a great addition to the knowledge base.
    JohnCote
    Hoosier Pocket Watch Collector
    Collector/Lover/User of Gerstner Cabs to Store Watches and Parts

If you load the pictures to a picture hosting site, like photobucket etc, and place just the link for the pic from the site you will get fullsized pictures in your posts. That's why in my restoration thread all my pics are fullsized but can only place 4 pics per post.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by user459 View Post
    Ted,

I've found that, all of a sudden, there now seems to be a size limit on the pictures we upload. I don't know if Scott is aware of it, but many of us have had similar problems. I resized the pictures through some imaging software I have, and they uploaded in the smaller file size.

If you want, send me the pictures and I'll resize them and send them back to you.

Terry
    “Who are you to judge the life I live?
    I know I'm not perfect
    -and I don't live to be-
    but before you start pointing fingers...
    make sure you hands are clean!”

- Robert Nesta Marley -