Thread: Stebbins Hardware Case

Stebbins Hardware Case

I was intrigued by this one, but wasn't sure who made it for Stebbins. Ted helped me out and, after sending him pictures and dimensions, he determined it was an Ehlertbilt case, made by American Tool Chest Co.

"It’sthe same as an ‘Ehlertbilt’ case sold by Ehlert Supply Co. (a wholesaler) andmanufactured by American Tool Chest Co., Wauwatosa, WI. Its period date is 1920– 1921."

Hello all. Yep, I'm still upright, well maybe not so up. I haven't been doing much lately. Worn out. Anyway, I sold my pickup, hardly ever used it. 2010 with 28,000 miles. Bought a 2013 Toyota FJ Cruiser with 65,000 miles on it. It's a bucket list thing. I spent the morning installing seat covers. The seats are in fantastic shape because the previous owner had seat covers. The chairs? My niece got them for 10$ apiece. She needed 4 dining room chairs. Dropped them off and asked me to try and restore them. Chests? Haven't worked on any because my body is old. I did work on a draftsman storage unit that my wife found on CL. Took me a couple of months, starting and stopping. Took me awhile to put it back together and then refinished it. The thing is a monster. Takes up about a 1/3 of the living room and it's all white oak. My wife and I did two road trips over the weekend. Picked up the chest the base and roller unit in a miss it if you blink town north of us. Two days ago, we went the other direction for a couple of hours and picked up the 62 and base. Lastly, I picked up the cherry unit and it's base. So, when I finish the chairs, I will start on the cherry unit. Structurally, it's as sound as a dollar, just cosmetic stuff. Then get to work on the others. We'll see how long I last this time.

Glad to see you're still in the game and always on the hunt. Looks like a good list of projects! Keep plugging away, friend.