Thread: wmtccc Forum is no more

wmtccc Forum is no more

Well guys, I’ve pulled the plug on the WMTCCC Forum. I, personally, can’t stand seeing another dormant forum out there that was, apparently, never actually required in the first place. There’s plenty of other dormants in the same situation.
    I’m glad we tried it, but Gerstner’s forum is fulfilling the needs quite adequately, thanks to Scott for the service.
    I believe this speaks to the size of the collection and restoration industry of old wooden machinist tool chests. It’s just not large enough, yet, to support the activity necessary to sub-stain side line efforts by enthusiasts. I do believe that the interests (and ebay pricing, darn it) are increasing for these chests, but we’re not just there yet.
    Hang in there and have a good one…….Ted

Ted.

Thanks for your efforts. It was a good try, but lacked the participation. We'll just have to re-double our efforts on the Gerstner forum.

Terry

I think we (our little demented group) are in on the ground floor, eventually the demand for these beautifully crafted chests will go up, as people realize the diverse functionality of them. In the meantime, I'll just keep hoarding!

This might be of some interest to the ‘demented group’.The analytical numbers-breakdown for ‘The’ Guide goes approximately like this –It averages about 350 hits per month worldwide, which about 300 are from the USA. About half of all hits are 1st time users.
    The total average time spent per hit is about 20 minutes, which says it is getting used by a lot of people who are very interested. This is good for future growth.
    I agree with Terry and Jim, thanks for the comments……Ted