Thread: Lufkin Tool Chets

Lufkin Tool Chets

A member of this forum approached me about how to save or replace the label on his Lufkin chest. I don't have a Lufkin, but did have some recent success at getting a very early Pilliod label reproduced.

IMG_6430.jpgP1030729.jpgIMG_7002.jpg

The start-up costs for these labels doesn't come cheap, especially with the artwork required. It was worth it to me, because I'm just that anal about it.

The Lufkin label is more straight forward that the Pilliod, without all the scrollwork and all, but still requires an investment in layout and design.

box.jpgDecal.jpg

I know there must be other Lufkin boxes out there that need new labels or decals. If you would be interested, please let me know and we'll pursue the matter.

Thanks in advance for your help.

http://phonodecal.com/decals/scripts/main1.php#null

This guy makes perfect reproduction decals for wind-up phonographs and music boxes. He will however do decals for other things. In his "non-phonograph" category you'll see some antique auto related decals. I referred someone to him to get the Ford ones made. I don't know his cost to start a new design. I DO know however that he needs a high resolution photo of a very good original to begin with.

His are true waterslide decals, while my guy's are adhesive backed vinyl. Your contact's decals are more true to the originals, but we rarely have a "high resolution photo of a very good original" for him to work from. I will definitely keep his site bookmarked.

Terry I would be interested in 2? Roger

New LUFKIN decals

I had a few made and they are excellent water slide decals. I used one on the Lufkin box I restored:

https://gerstnertoolchest.shutterfly...herchests/2261

They are $30.00 each and come with detailed instructions on how to install them.

LUFKIN DECAL.jpgIMG_2953.jpg